Please Note: Partner Show registration is currently suspended until next season, as we are revamping the Partner Show Program! Please join our email list for more information, or check back after November 1st, 2020.
We partner with USDF shows around the country to offer our Partner Show Program. These shows will offer at least one 'pony only' class, but possibly more, and an opportunity to receive your USEF Pony Measurement Card. You do not need to be a member to compete in Partner Shows. We will award a Champion Pony based on their percentage score plus a degree of difficulty based on the test ridden.
As a National Dressage Pony Cup Partner Show you can offer great opportunities for ponies to thrive in dressage. We have collaborated with shows around the country for the last six competition seasons and sent hundreds of Champion ribbons and certificates to wonderful ponies and riders who have attended these Partner Shows.
Types of Partner Shows
- There are two types of Partner Shows: Full Partner Shows and Modified Partner Shows.
- Full Partner Shows cost $100. Fee includes a Champion ribbon and certificate sent to the competitor by the NDPC (see below), a High Point ribbon, a set of First through Sixth Place ribbons, and a "Proud Partner Show" banner.
- First through Sixth Place ribbons can be adjusted based on the show’s needs – e.g., 6 First place ribbons or 2 sets of First through Third.
- Unused First through Sixth Place ribbons may also be returned to us in exchange for different placings as needed – e.g., unused Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Place ribbons exchanged for 3 First Place ribbons.
- Modified Partner Shows cost $35. Fee includes ONLY a Champion ribbon and certificate sent to the competitor by the NDPC (see below).
- A Partner Show Series is comprised of three or more registered Full or Modified Partner Shows. Each Series has a set number of shows which a competitor must attend to be eligible for Series Championship; for example, 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 5.
- Partner Show Series cost $50 in addition to Full or Modified Partner Show fees. Fee includes a Series Champion ribbon and certificate sent to the competitor by the NDPC with potential for Reserve and Division Champions based on attendance (see below). This is only paid once per Series per season (i.e., you do not have to pay $50 three times for three shows).
- A Series can be comprised of shows held at the same venue, or shows in close proximity to one another held at different venues. We encourage show managers to be creative in offering Series Championship opportunities to ponies within a geographic region.
- Shows MUST offer an opportunity for ponies to be measured to obtain their permanent or temporary USEF Pony Measurement Card.
- At minimum, each Partner Show must offer at least one Pony-Only Test of Choice class. We prefer the ponies have the opportunity to ride any test: Introductory through Grand Prix, FEI Pony Tests, and Freestyle.
- We suggest that Pony-Only classes be split into three Test of Choice classes: Pony Introductory – Third Level Test of Choice, Pony Fourth Level – FEI Test of Choice, and Pony Freestyle Test of Choice.
- We understand that FEI Tests may not be possible to include in all shows, but wherever possible we prefer that ponies be offered the opportunity to enter these upper level tests.
- Alternatively, shows may offer a Pony Division within each class. This means that ponies ride in open classes, but the Rider states “Pony” as their Division, as opposed to Open/AA/YR/Jr. However, we still need to know whether they are Open/AA/YR/Jr for our records, so please keep that in mind when reporting results.
- After the show’s completion, the show secretary (or other show contact) must be able to correspond with the NDPC in order to provide competitor contact information for sending awards or to verify show information.
- We ask that the NDPC receives a complete list with contact information (at least email addresses) for every pony competitor at the show so that we may invite these competitors to participate in more Partner Shows and make them aware of other NDPC opportunities.
- After the NDPC receives a show’s registration, we will send an informational document to include in the prize list to inform competitors that it is a NDPC Partner Show (and/or Series), and the show will be added to our Partner Show Schedule (see above).
- When ordering ribbons for shows please allow at least 2 weeks’ notice prior to the show. We can accommodate orders requested with less than 7 business days’ notice prior to the show, however, expedited shipping fees will be added to the invoice.
Ribbons & Awards
- Champion ribbons and certificates are sent from us at the NDPC office following the show’s completion. These ribbons cannot be purchased separately and are included in Partner Show fees.
- We determine the Champion pony based on the scores we retrieve, whether from Fox Village, Horse Show Office, ShowSecretary.com, the show website, etc.
- The percentage score from each test is weighted based on our Degree of Difficulty scale, and the single highest scoring Rider/Pony is deemed Champion. We do not average scores to determine Partner Show Champion.
- If this Rider/Pony is not a member of the NDPC we will contact the show office for their mailing address.
- High Point ribbons are sent to the show when signing up as a Full Partner Show or when purchased separately.
- This ribbon is intended to be awarded at the time of the competition.
- We highly recommend that the High Point ribbon is awarded to the Rider/Pony with the single highest, unweighted score of the show, even if it is in an Introductory Level class.
- High Point ribbons can be purchased for $12 each.
- Reserve High Point ribbons are sent to the show only when purchased separately.
- This ribbon is intended to be awarded at the time of the competition.
- We highly recommend that the Reserve High Point ribbon is awarded to the Rider/Pony with the second highest, unweighted score of the show, even if it is in an Introductory Level class.
- Reserve High Point ribbons can be purchased for $12 each.
- First through Sixth Place ribbons will be sent to the show when signing up as a Full Partner Show or when purchased separately.
- These ribbons are intended to be awarded at the time of the competition.
- First through Sixth Place ribbons can be purchased for $6 each, or $36 for a set of First through Sixth.
- Series Champion and Reserve Champion ribbons and certificates are also sent from us at the NDPC office following the final show of the Series. These ribbons cannot be purchased separately and are included in Partner Show Series fee.
- Following the last show of a Series the NDPC determines how many shows competitors have attended and averages all of their weighted scores from each show together, regardless of test or level.
- The competitor who attended the required number of shows (or more) and has the highest average score is the Series Champion.
- Please Note: We may also award Series Reserve Champion, and may split the Championship between divisions if enough competitors in each division attended and are eligible.