Partner Breed Shows
We partner with USDF shows around the country to offer our Partner Show Program. These shows will offer at least a partial 'pony-only' Breed Show, but may also offer a complete show to mirror our Annual Breed Show.
As a National Dressage Pony Cup Partner Breed Show you can offer great opportunities for ponies to compete in pony-only breed shows across the country.
Types of Partner Breed Shows
- There are two types of Partner Breed Shows: Full Partner Breed Shows and Modified Partner Breed Shows.
- Full Partner Breed Shows cost $100.
- Fee includes a Grand Pony Champion ribbon, Young Pony Champion ribbon, Mature Pony Champion ribbon, Pony Colt/Gelding Champion ribbon, Pony Filly Champion ribbon, Pony Mare Champion ribbon, and Pony Stallion Champion ribbon.
- Ribbons can be held back as needed. For instance, if the show does not require a Pony Mare Champion ribbon, we will not send it.
- Fee also includes Pony of the Current Year ribbons (Pony Filly of the Current Year, Pony Colt/Gelding of the Current Year, and Pony Champion of the Current Year), on an as-needed basis.
- Modified Partner Breed Shows cost $55.
- Fee includes a Grand Pony Champion ribbon, Young Pony Champion ribbon, and Mature Pony Champion ribbon.
- Shows MUST offer an opportunity for ponies to be measured to obtain their permanent or temporary USEF Pony Measurement Card.
- Ponies under 3 years of age must show proof that their Dam or Sire is a measured pony or member of a pony breed registry, per USEF rules.
- At minimum, each Full Partner Breed Show (see above) must offer a full Pony-Only breed show including: Pony Colt/Gelding Champion, Pony Filly Champion, Pony Mare Champion, Pony Stallion Champion, Young Pony Champion, Mature Pony Champion, and Grand Pony Champion.
- May also offer Pony of the Current Year track, including: Pony Colt/Gelding of the Current Year, Pony Filly of the Current Year, and Pony Champion of the Current Year.
- At minimum, each Modified Partner Breed Show (see above) must offer a partial Pony-Only breed show including: Young Pony Champion, Mature Pony Champion, and Grand Pony Champion.
- After the show’s completion, the show secretary (or other show contact) must be able to correspond with the NDPC in order to provide competitor contact information for sending awards or to verify show information.
- We ask that the NDPC receives a complete list with contact information (at least email addresses) for every pony competitor at the show so that we may invite these competitors to participate in more Partner Breed Shows and make them aware of other NDPC opportunities.
- After the NDPC receives a show’s registration, we will send an informational document to include in the prize list to inform competitors that it is a NDPC Partner Breed Show, and the show will be added to our Partner Breed Show Schedule on this page.
- When registering shows (or ordering 1st through 6th place ribbons) please allow at least 2 weeks’ notice prior to the show. We can accommodate orders requested with less than 7 business days’ notice prior to the show, however, expedited shipping fees will be added to the invoice.
Ribbons & Awards
- Pony Colt/Gelding Champion, Pony Filly Champion, Pony Mare Champion, and Pony Stallion Champion ribbons cannot be purchased separately, and are included in the Full Partner Breed Show fee.
- Young Pony Champion and Mature Pony Champion ribbons cannot be purchased separately, and are included in both the Full and Modified Partner Breed Show fee.
- Grand Pony Champion ribbon cannot be purchased separately, and is included in both the Full and Modified Partner Breed Show fee.
- First through Sixth Place ribbons can be purchased as needed.
- These ribbons are not included in either the Full or Modified Partner Breed Show Fee and can only be purchased separately.
- Please allow at least two weeks’ notice prior to the show when purchasing these ribbons. Ideally, we would like to be able to ship them with the rest of the ribbons.
Become a Partner Breed Show