National Dressage Pony Cup
July 7-9, 2017
The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY
4089 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, Kentucky 40511
Entries will be handled through www.ShowSecretary.com
National Dressage Pony Cup will be held in conjunction with KDA Classic I & II.
Materiale, In-Hand, and IBC classes will be held in conjunction with KDA Breed Show I & II.
- Ponies 3 years of age must have a current USEF Pony Measurement Card.
- Ponies 8 years and older will receive a permanent card. Ponies under 8 will receive a yearly/temporary card.
- Ponies without a current USEF Pony Measurement Card must be measured before their first ride.
- Ponies will be measured at The Pony Cup, at NO COST to the competitors!
- Please specify if you need measurements on your entry form and the show secretary will assign you a time.
- Please bring your completed form to the measurements. Ponies are to be presented in a halter with number. Handler must be at least 18.
- Owners must be current members of USEF in order to receive a USEF Pony Measurement Card.
- All measurement rules and requirements are governed by USEF.
- Ponies, Riders, and Owners must be current members of USDF (or pay non-member fee). Introductory riders do not have to be members.
- Ponies, Riders, and Owners must be current members of USEF (or pay a non-member fee). Owners must be members to receive measurements.
- There are NO QUALIFYING SCORES necessary to enter.
- Ponies may compete in more than one level, but may not exceed 3 tests per day.
- Ponies may compete with multiple riders.
- Each Rider/Pony combination must ride a designated test each day at the level they are competing to be eligible for prizes:
|Introductory||Introductory Level Test B||Introductory Level Test C|
|Training||Training Level Test 2||Training Level Test 3|
|First||First Level Test 2||First Level Test 3|
|Second||Second Level Test 2||Second Level Test 3|
|Third||Third Level Test 2||Third Level Test 3|
|Fourth||Fourth Level Test 2||Fourth Level Test 3|
|FEI Pony Test||FEI Team Test||FEI Individual Test|
- FEI PSG, I-1, I-2, and GP competitors may ride their test of choice each day to qualify for prizes.
- FEI tests must be consecutive levels.
- Readers are permitted Introductory through Fourth Level.
- Whips are allowed per USEF rules.
- Only 1 Freestyle Test is required to qualify for prizes; however if you ride multiple days, the scores will be averaged.
- Musical Freestyle Tests may be ridden on Friday or Saturday.
- Musical Freestyles will be calculated using a weighted scale per level. (See chart in the Breed Awards)
- Rider/Pony combinations who won Champion at NDPC with an averaged score of 68% or higher will not be eligible for NDPC Awards at the same or any lower level in which they received Champion. They may compete, but will not be eligible for awards.
PONY CUP AWARDS
- Scores from Friday and Saturday's tests are averaged.
- Champion & Reserve Champion Ribbons & Third through 6th Place Ribbons will be presented at the awards ceremony.
HIGH POINT RIDER AWARDS
- The highest score for a ridden test on Friday or Saturday (excluding musical freestyle) will be used to determine results for JR/YR, AA, and Open.
- High Point and Reserve High Point will be awarded.
BREED AWARDS FOR PONIES AND SMALL HORSES
- The Breed Award celebrates the diversity of Ponies and Small Horses represented each year at The Pony Cup.
- Oversized Ponies and Small Horses register for the same top 2 tests of a level as the ponies, but compete in the KDA show and are in classes with Horses. Second test of the level is competed on Friday, Third test of the level on Saturday. FEI tests, except for the FEI Pony Test, are the same test both days.
- The award includes a neck sash ribbon and a choice of an embroidered wool cooler, an embroidered mesh cooler, or a embroidered Stall Banner.
- There is a non-recognized Breed Award for all measured Ponies and Small Horses that do not belong to a registry, The Grade Pony/ Small Horse Award.
- Oversized Ponies and Small horses competing for the Breed Awards must be NDPC members at the time of competition, and have a completed NDPC Small Horse measurement form on file with the NDPC Show Office.
- A copy of valid registration papers must be sent in with your entry, or brought to the Pony Cup tent by Friday at noon to be eligible.
- If no breed is declared the Pony or Small Horse will compete for the Grade Pony or Small Horse Award.
- Scores from Friday and Saturday that fulfill the requirements (See above for mandatory tests each day) will count towards the Breed Awards. (Musical Freestyle scores are not eligible).
- To balance the degree of difficulty as the levels increase, points will be added to the average scores to determine the Breed Awards.
|FEI Test of Choice||12|
|FEI Pony Test|
(Jr Riders 12-16)
*The NDPC reserves the right to make awards for specific registries based on entries and registry sponsorships.
RACHEL KING PERPETUAL TROPHY AND AWARD
The Rachel King Memorial Award goes to the single highest ridden score, excluding musical freestyle, by a registered Haflinger during the Pony Cup Show.
NEIL SORUM PERPETUAL TROPHY AND AWARD
The Neil Sorum Memorial Award goes to the single highest ridden score, excluding musical freestyle, by a registered Norwegian Fjord during the Pony Cup Show.
NDPC YOUNG PONY FUTURITY
- The NDPC Young Pony Futurity recognizes the talents of young ponies as they progress through the levels.
- Additional tests do not need to be ridden.
- The top 2 tests of the level in Pony Cup classes are used for eligibility in Pony Cup AND Futurity Awards.
- Scores from Friday and Saturday will be averaged for a total score. Pony nominations must be made in advance of Friday's competition to be eligible for the Futurity.
- Awards will be given for 4, 5, & 6 year olds.
- Any rider (Jr, YR, AA, Open) is eligible to compete; however, the awards will not be separated into divisions.
- Ribbons are awarded First through Sixth Place.
- There is an additional award for the highest scoring US bred and born pony at each of the levels.
- 75% of the nomination fees will go into a combined purse.
- Purse payout is as follows: 1st-40%, 2nd-30%, 3rd-20%, 4th-10% at each level.
|4 Year Old||Training Level Test 2||Training Level Test 3|
|5 Year Old||First Level Test 2||First Level Test 3|
|6 Year Old||Second Level Test 2||Second Level Test 3|